Welcome our newest Soom Crew Member, Olivia!
We are so excited to welcome our newest Soom Crew Member, Olivia, who is Soom Foods’ Western US Sales Executive! She will be traveling the Western half of the country, from Kansas City to Houston, from Denver to Phoenix, from San Francisco to San Diego and all cities in between to talk tahini and silan with restaurateurs, chefs, and distributors.
Olivia graduated from Dalhousie University in Canada in 2010 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management. It didn’t take long in the corporate world before she recognized her love for food and decided to pursue culinary school. Olivia feels fortunate to be in the thick of the food industry by cultivating meaningful relationships with like-minded people who share her passion.
Olivia enjoys traveling, especially discovering the lesser known corners of the world. Some of her favorite trips include journeying through Russia on the Trans-Siberian and taking a road trip from Cape Town to Victoria Falls. Originally from Canada, she now lives in Kansas City with her husband, Clint, and their adorable dog, Shandy.
Olivia spends her downtime exploring her new hometown, participating in outdoor activities, and finding her next favorite wine.
We also asked her to share a bit more about her through the following questions:
- What did you do prior to joining the Soom Crew?
- Before Soom, I worked in sales for companies including P&G and ABInBev (Anheuser-Busch’s InBev), which provided me with many cool opportunities to further increase my interpersonal and business skills. However, there came a point in time where I wanted to switch career paths and opted to pursue my love for food by attending culinary school in Vancouver. After, I worked in sales at another food startup and found my way to Soom!
- What drew you to Soom?
- I adore how it’s a women-owned and sister-owned business and how they are able to play a big role in educating at-home cooks and professional chefs of the importance of high-quality ingredients. When I discovered their newest food-service offering, Silan, it inspired me to bring my culinary experiences to the team to showcase its versatility and communicate that with chefs, distributors, and the like.
- What are your favorite ways to eat Soom tahini and Chocolate Soom?
- Tahini: I love simply drizzling the tahini onto salads or atop yogurt bowls, but I also enjoy mixing it into a chicken marinade with za’atar, lemon, garlic and parsley.
- Chocolate Soom: Is it terrible to say straight from jar?
- What’s one of your favorite restaurants?
- Phoenicia Diner in upstate NY. They have an extensive and beautiful farm to table menu.
- What are you most looking forward to while working at Soom?
- I can’t wait to begin collaborating on innovative ways to introduce restaurants and consumers to Soom’s products. Bonus: all the eating and traveling!