Soom Foods (www.soomfoods.com) is a Philadelphia-based, women-owned company that sells tahini (a paste made from 100% roasted and pressed sesame seeds) and a sweet chocolate tahini spread to restaurants and retailers across the country.
Co-founded and operated by three sisters who love to eat and value health and quality, Soom Foods is committed to providing our partners and customers with a top-notch product and comprehensive customer service. As a result, Soom is now one of the leading brands of tahini in the United States, preferred by both at-home and professional chefs.
Over the past 3 ½ years our Company has achieved national distribution, and is now looking for a Sales Associate to help support and add to this growth.
If you thrive in an environment working with a collaborative, hard-working, small team, Soom Foods is the perfect fit for you.
You must be a self-starting, out-of-the-box-thinking problem solver, who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and ask questions when necessary. You must be a confident communicator, and enjoy negotiating with experienced decision makers. You will be intimately involved in the strategy, planning & budgeting for the Company’s sales goals, as well as implementation.
- Customer Relationship Management: maintaining Soom Foods’ CRM system, managing current and prospective customers, and communicating consistently
- Customer Prospecting: working with Amy (co-founder & VP of sales) to develop a pipeline of customer targets
- Planning and Goal Setting: working with Amy to develop yearly sales goals and the strategy to achieve those goals
- Customer Paperwork: completing and updating customer paperwork including new item forms, insurance requirements etc…
- Sales Scheduling: supporting Amy with her sales schedule and developing your own sales travel schedule
- Events Prospecting: identifying upcoming events for Soom Foods’ participation
- Event Coordination and Representation: coordinating prior and day-of logistics for events and often representing the Company at the events
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and CRM systems. Social Media savviness is a plus.
- Current driver’s license and good record
- Must be able to travel 25-30% of the time
- 2 – 3 years’ sales experience and knowledge of food service and retail distribution industry is a plus
You should also…
- Be passionate about healthy, quality food
- Enjoy working with customers and clients
- Love planning, scheduling and keeping order
- Not be afraid to “manage up”
- Be an independent worker and self-starter
- Be fun and laid back, yet a dedicated worker
This is a full-time position, with an attractive salary and an accompanying sales-based commission structure. Benefits include medical coverage and vacation/sick days.
The Company is based in Philadelphia, but the right candidate can work remotely from another City. Soom Foods will cover your office costs.
You Must be able to start January 2017.
If you are interested in the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Make sure to include examples of prior work experience that speak to the above functions and competencies, and two credible references.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing back from you.
With Gratitude, The Soom Sisters