Put down the bag pre-fixed slaw full of processed ingredients and sugars. Instead, make a batch of our mayo-less, Asian-inspired slaw that’s full of umami flavors and crunchy textures.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup Soom Tahini
- 1 thumb of ginger, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Soom Silan
- 2 tsp chile paste (like Mother-in-Law’s)
- 2 tsp water, more to thin
For the slaw:
- 4 cups red or green cabbage, shredded or finely sliced
- 4 cups carrot, red bell pepper and any other sturdy vegetable, shredded or finely sliced
- 2 whole green onions, finely chopped
For the topping (optional):
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro
- Wonton strips
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small mixing bowl, combine tahini, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, silan and chile paste.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth and add the water. If the dressing is too thick, slowly add an additional teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached and put aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the veggies for the slaw.
- Keep dressing and slaw separate until ready to eat. When ready to eat, toss the veggies in the dressing until integrated.