This Beet and Chickpea Pasta dish is a delicious addition to any recipe book. The Lemon Tahini Sauce complements the beets and chickpeas, but can be paired with a variety of vegetables.
For the roasted beets
- 4 medium-sized beets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
For the tahini sauce
- 1/4 cup Soom Tahini
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup ice-cold water (additional to thin if necessary)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Soom Silan
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
For the pasta
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas.
- Fresh parsley
- Additional salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash the beets and slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Toss sliced beets with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on a prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven until tender, about 20 minutes. Toss beets halfway through cooking.
- While beets are roasting, make the tahini sauce. In a blender, combine Soom Tahini, minced garlic, ice-cold water (additional to thin if necessary), lemon juice, olive oil, Soom Silan, cayenne pepper, minced parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and blend.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and return pasta to the pan.
- Drain and rinse the entire can of chickpeas.
- Add al dente pasta and chickpeas to a pan. Drizzle in half of the prepared tahini sauce and toss until well combined. Continue to add more sauce, while tossing pasta, until everything is evenly coated.
- Add almonds and fresh parsley and season to taste with additional salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Divide between plates or bowls and enjoy. Taste and adjust flavors if necessary.