Berry and spinach salad topped with a creamy strawberry tahini dressing is the perfect way to welcome the warmer seasons. Layered with the best toppings, this salad is full of nutritious add-ins and drizzled with a slightly tangy, sweet, and nutty dressing.
For the salad:
- 1 package (5 ounces) organic spinach
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 green apple, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp Craisins, optional
For the strawberry tahini dressing
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, halved (thawed if using frozen)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Soom Tahini
- 1/4 cup ice-cold water
- 1/4 – ½ tsp salt, more to taste
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp dried basil, more to taste
- In the base of a blender, add all of the dressing ingredients except the dried basil and blend. Stir in the dried basil. Taste and adjust to personal preference. Set aside.
- Toast the almonds on the stovetop: add the almonds to a pan and place over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 2-5 minutes until almonds are just golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add spinach to a large bowl, layer on the strawberries, berries, apple slices, avocado slices, red onion, cheese, toasted almonds, and Craisins if using.
- Top your salad with additional sliced almonds and dress with the strawberry tahini dressing. Serve immediately.
Notes: Dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.