Our vegan and vegetarian Broccoli & Za’atar Soup with Tahini Cream has the perfect amount of spice and creaminess to leave you wanting more!
Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of exclusive promotions, sale announcements, and new and delicious recipes.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy bottom pan and saute 1 large finely chopped yellow onion and 3 minced cloves of garlic over medium-high heat until they begin to soften up. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 tsp za’atar, 2 whole heads of broccoli, broken into small florets (about 4 cups worth), and 1 medium-sized peeled and roughly chopped yukon gold potato and coat the veggies in the spice mixture.
- Add 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Once soup has simmered for 25 minutes and veggies are tender, use blender to puree the soup until completely smooth and creamy.
- Season the soup with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste for seasonings and keep on low heat until ready to serve.
- Divide the soup between bowls.
- Drizzle each bowl with a few tablespoons of the tahini sauce and garnish with 1/2 cup minced parsley and 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts.
- Combine 1 clove garlic (minced), 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 cup Soom Tahini, 3-4 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp ice-cold water + additional to thin as needed, and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and whisk until completely smooth and creamy. This works best with a small food processor, immersion blender, or regular blender.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.
- If the sauce is too thick, add water.