Many store-bought granola bars hide sneaky sources of sugar. Our homemade bars are naturally sweetened with Soom Silan Date Syrup, which is lower on the glycemic index scale than honey and maple syrup, plus has almost 4x the potassium and 8x the fiber. Nutritious, filling, and delightfully chewy, this is how you achieve snack bar success.
· 2 cups old-fashioned oats
· 1/3 cup Soom Tahini
· ¼ cup Soom Silan Date Syrup
· 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· ½ tsp sea salt
· 1 large egg white, whisked
· ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
· 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
· Soom Chocolate Sweet Tahini for dipping (optional)
· Flaky salt for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place oats in a large mixing bowl. In a separate smaller bowl, combine tahini, silan, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and egg white; whisk well to combine. Pour tahini mixture into bowl with oats; stir well to coat.
- Add shredded coconut and chocolate chips; mix well to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and press very firmly into pan. (Packing tightly helps prevent bars from crumbling.)
- Bake for 25 to 27 minutes, until lightly browned around edges. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Lift bars out of pan with parchment paper; cool completely before cutting (at least 1 hour.) Slice into 8 bars.
- If desired, dip ends of each bar into a full jar of Soom Chocolate Sweet Tahini and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle flaky salt overtop, and freeze for 20 minutes to set.
- Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.