This Chocolate Tahini Pudding was created by Karen, the founder at The Coastal Table. It was photographed by Jennifer Johnson. After preparing this recipe, check out Soom’s Meet the Maker profile. Our chocolate tahini is addictive straight from the jar. However, it’s good for so much more! Use it in this Chocolate Tahini Pudding to make a wonderfully smooth and healthier version of chocolate pudding. If you’ve never tried avocado as a base for pudding, you need to. You won’t even know it’s in there!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Soom Chocolate Sweet Tahini
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or 1-2 tbsp Soom Silan Date Syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- Crispy rice cereal, for garnish, optional
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish, optional
- Shaved chocolate, for garnish, optional
- Cut avocado in half, remove and discard pit. Scoop out flesh and add to bowl of a food processor along with chocolate sweet tahini, coconut sugar or silan date syrup, vanilla extract, and kosher salt.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Spoon into serving dishes, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with crispy rice cereal, sesame seeds, or shaved chocolate (if using) and serve.