Don’t fall short of loving these cookies!
SHORTBREAD COOKIE BASE:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream together 1/2 cup of softened butter, 3 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Stir in 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Combine until dough forms (do not over mix).
3. Press into an 8×8″ pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cool.
1. Cream together 3/4 cup Soom Tahini, 1/4 cup softened butter, and 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar. Add 1-2 tbsp of water and stir until you reach a consistency about the same as the shortbread dough.
2. When cookie base is cool, spread tahini filling in an even layer.
3. Place in refrigerator to set while preparing the chocolate topping.
1. Heat 3 oz. cream to simmer. Pour over 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate. Let sit for five minutes, then whisk until smooth.
3. Remove bars from refrigerator, pour chocolate over top and spread a smooth layer over tahini. Tap the pan on the counter to smooth out the surface.
4. Return to refrigerator to set. When ready, cut into 20 bars and serve.