Salmon and Soom Silan pair beautifully, but the addition of citrus brightens the flavor of the dish with acidic notes.
- 4 lb salmon (or 2, 2lb salmon filets)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 6-8 halved garlic cloves
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit, sliced
- 10 sprigs of dill
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Soom Silan Date Syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the salmon in a large baking dish. Pour the vegetable broth around the salmon, or just enough to fully cover the bottom. Scatter the halved garlic cloves onto the salmon filets, and cover the garlic cloves with the citrus slices.
- Tear up the dill sprigs and sprinkle on top of the salmon. Drizzle olive oil and silan over salmon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your preference.