These whole-grain bars make for a fiber-filled breakfast, afternoon snack, or sweet treat that’ll curb your entire family’s sweet cravings. Feel free to use any variety of fruit preserves you like. For us, the tartness of raspberry preserves complement the nuttiness of tahini best!
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour (sub all-purpose flour)
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted melted butter
- ¼ cup Soom Tahini
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil (sub vegetable or olive oil)
- 1 (12 to 13-oz) jar raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and lightly grease with cooking spray. Combine oats, flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in butter, tahini, and oil; mix with your hands until texture resembles coarse sand. Reserve 2/3 cup oat mixture.
- Spread remaining oat mixture in an even layer in prepared baking dish. Use your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup to firmly press down. Spread preserves over oat layer, and sprinkle reserved oat mixture overtop. Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 37 to 42 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack (about 3 hours) before slicing into 12 squares. Store in an airtight storage container at room temperature for 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.