This lemon and Soom Tahini sauce will delicately enhance the flavors of your favorite white fish.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of exclusive promotions, sale announcements, and new and delicious recipes.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Slice 1 lemon thinly.
- Lightly oil a baking dish and place the lemon slices in the bottom of the baking dish. Rub 1 lb white fish filet with salt and place in the center of the dish on top of just a few lemon slices, leaving some lemon slices uncovered. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the juice from 1 lemon with ½ cup Soom Tahini and 1/2 cup water until smooth and light in color. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a wide skillet and cook the onions over medium heat until very tender and just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Add 1 large thinly sliced onion the tahini sauce.
- Remove the fish from the oven and pour the tahini onion sauce over it. Return to the oven and roast for another 30 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and the lemon slices are well browned.
- Discard the lemon slices under the fish, as they will be bitter. Eat warm or at room temperature, with chopped parsley or cilantro.