This lemon and Soom Tahini sauce will delicately enhance the flavors of your favorite white fish.
- 1 lemon
- 1 lb white fish filet
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ cup Soom Tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large thinly sliced onion
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Slice the lemon thinly.
- Lightly oil a baking dish and place the lemon slices in the bottom of the baking dish. Rub fish filet with salt and place in the center of the dish on top of just a few lemon slices, leaving some lemon slices uncovered. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the lemon juice with Soom Tahini and water until smooth and light in color. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wide skillet and cook the onions over medium heat until very tender and just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Add onion the tahini sauce.
- Remove the fish from the oven and pour the tahini onion sauce over it. Return to the oven and roast for another 30 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and the lemon slices are well browned.
- Discard the lemon slices under the fish, as they will be bitter. Eat warm or at room temperature, with chopped parsley or cilantro.