This Greek Tahini Pasta Salad is the perfect balance of tangy, salty, creamy, and lemony, fresh, and herbaceous flavors. It’s tossed with an incredibly delicious creamy tahini red wine vinaigrette, which ties all of the flavors together perfectly! The mix-ins include cucumber, cherry tomatoes, feta, red onion, Kalamata olives, dill, parsley, and oregano, but the sky is the limit! It’s super forgiving, customizable, and most of all, flavorful!
This recipe was developed by Molly Krebs of Spices in My DNA for Soom.
For the pasta
- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta
- 1½ cups diced seedless cucumber
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives (or olives of your choice)
- ¼ cup packed fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup packed flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
For the vinaigrette
- ¼ cup Soom Tahini
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 large clove garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup hot water
- Begin by cooking the pasta. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and drizzle with a little olive oil. Toss to prevent sticking and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the tahini vinaigrette. In a food processor or blender, combine the tahini, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil, and hot water. Blend until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Place cooled pasta in a large bowl. Add the cucumber, tomatoes, feta, red onion, olives, dill, parsley, and oregano. Season with a little salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to combine. Add the creamy vinaigrette and toss until combined. Season the salad with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve.