This Soy Tahini Dressing and Grilled Butter Lettuce will excite your take on salad. Vinegar and soy sauce bring a vibrant zest to an exciting way to get your greens. Drizzle warm grilled lettuce with this slightly salty, buttery-smooth tahini dressing. An extra dose of sesame oil brings the subtle nuttiness to the forefront and Soom Silan Date Syrup brings out a hidden sweetness that combines perfectly with the grilled flavors of this dish.
- Prepare grill pan at medium-high heat. Whisk 1/2 cup Soom Tahini, 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar, 2 tbsp cold water, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp Soom Silan, and salt to taste in a bowl. Set aside. Add more water to thin, if needed.
- Brush the grill with a 1 tbsp vegetable oil, place two halves of butter lettuce cut lengthwise, side down and grill for about 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Transfer the grilled lettuce to a serving platter cut side up
- Drizzle the dressing on top, or plate dressing and top with lettuce.
- Sprinkle with some chives, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.