Our Grilled Zucchini Hummus is a fantastic option if you’re looking to create a “hummus” without chickpeas. If you really want to elevate your traditional hummus, make this. It’s the perfect component to any summer meal.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of exclusive promotions, sale announcements, and new and delicious recipes.
Total Time: 25 minutes; Serves: 2 ½ cups
- Heat grill to high.
- Take 1 lb green zucchini and slice in half, lengthwise. If the seeds are large and watery, scrape out and discard most of the seeds from the center of each half, otherwise skip this step. Drizzle with 1-2 tbsp olive oil.
- Place the zucchini on the grill, cut side up, then reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until just lightly browned and starting to get tender.
- Set aside to cool. Once zucchini has cooled, place in a food processor.
- Add ⅓ cup Soom Tahini, 3-4 cloves garlic, and 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
- Next add 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp smoked paprika, and ½ tsp salt. Process until smooth.
- The hummus can be served immediately, or chilled to serve later. Bring to room temperature before serving.