Our Grilled Zucchini Hummus is a fantastic option if you’re looking to create a “hummus” without chickpeas. If you really want to elevate your traditional hummus, make this. It’s the perfect component to any summer meal.
- 1 lb green zucchini
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup Soom Tahini
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat grill to high.
- Slice the zucchini in half, lengthwise. If the seeds are large and watery, scrape out and discard most of the seeds from the center of each half, otherwise skip this step. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the zucchini on the grill, cut side up, then reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until just lightly browned and starting to get tender.
- Set aside to cool. Once zucchini has cooled, place in a food processor.
- Add Soom Tahini, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Next add cumin, smoked paprika, and salt. Process until smooth.
- The hummus can be served immediately, or chilled to serve later. Bring to room temperature before serving.