“This Kale Quinoa Stuffed Delicata Squash recipe is an ode to fall. Delicious super foods stuffed into a steaming hot roasted delicata squash. What else could our sweater-self want for dinner today?” – Green Health Cooking
This recipe was adapted from Green Healthy Cooking.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut 1 spaghetti squash lengthwise and de-seed.
- Cover squash in olive oil and season flesh with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place squash halves cut side up on a baking dish and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Cook 1/2 cup quinoa as instructed on package.
- Peel and chop 1 small onion and peel and crush 2 cloves garlic.
- Wash and de-stalk 1 bunch kale and chop, wash and chop 5oz mushrooms.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and fry onion and garlic until translucent, add kale and mushrooms and fry until tender.
- Once quinoa is cooked add to kale and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Once squash is roasted take out of the oven and fill with kale & mushroom stuffing.
- In a small bowl mix together 2 tbsp tahini and 2 tbsp olive oil and pour dressing over squash halves.