These Miso Tahini Bourbon Chocolate Chunk Cookies take traditional chocolate chunk cookies to the next level. Serve these cookies at your next function.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 stick (½ cup) butter and 1 tbsp miso over low heat until dark brown and fragrant, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, whip the browned miso butter with 1 cup dark brown sugar, ¼ cup light brown sugar, and ½ cup white sugar until light and creamy.
- Add in the 2 eggs, 1 tbsp vanilla, and 1 tbsp bourbon and mix until integrated. Add the ½ cup Soom Tahini and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups flour, ½ tsp salt, 1½ tsp baking powder, and 1½ tsp baking soda. Add it to the butter tahini mixture and mix until a dough forms. Add 12-ounce dark chocolate chunks.
- Scoop the cookie dough with a 2-inch ice cream scooper and cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper and place the scooped cookie dough about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and still a little raw in the middle. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cool the cookies for 5 minutes and remove with a metal spatula to a cooling rack to cool completely.