This Mediterranean Tahini Chicken and Potato Skillet is a hearty & healthy meal, made completely in one pan! It’s layered with flavor thanks to acidity from fresh lemon juice, marinated artichoke hearts, and sundried tomatoes. Top it off with fresh herbs like parsley and oregano for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner that comes together in less than 1 hour.
This recipe was developed for Soom by Molly Krebs of Spices in My DNA.
For the sauce
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Soom Tahini,
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the potatoes and chicken
- 1 lb potatoes of choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1¼ – 1½ lbs. boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Chopped oregano
- Lemon wedges.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Begin by making the sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth, Soom Tahini, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4 – 1” cubes. Meanwhile, heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the warmed skillet. Add potatoes, salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the pepper cut into 1” pieces, and sauté for an additional minute. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Remove the potatoes, peppers, and garlic from the skillet and set aside in a bowl while you sear the chicken.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Add olive oil to the skillet. Sear chicken for 4 minutes on each side, or until it develops a golden-brown crust.
- Add the potatoes, peppers, and garlic back into the skillet, arranging them around the chicken in an even layer. Sprinkle marinated artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes on top.
- Pour the sauce over everything and remove from heat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley and oregano, and serve with lemon wedges.