This Mediterranean Tahini Chicken and Potato Skillet is a hearty & healthy meal, made completely in one pan! It’s layered with flavor thanks to acidity from fresh lemon juice, marinated artichoke hearts, and sundried tomatoes. Top it off with fresh herbs like parsley and oregano for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner that comes together in less than 1 hour.
This recipe was developed for Soom by Molly Krebs of Spices in My DNA.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Begin by making the sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth, 1/2 cup Soom Tahini, juice from 2 lemons, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut 1 lb potatoes of choice into 3/4 – 1” cubes. Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add potatoes, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 1 red bell pepper cut into 1” pieces, and sauté for an additional minute. Finely chop 3 garlic cloves and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Remove the potatoes, peppers, and garlic from the skillet and set aside in a bowl while you sear the chicken.
- Season 1¼ – 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the skillet. Sear chicken for 4 minutes on each side, or until it develops a golden-brown crust.
- Add the potatoes, peppers, and garlic back into the skillet, arranging them around the chicken in an even layer. Sprinkle 3/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts and 2 tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes on top.
- Pour the sauce over everything and remove from heat. Bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley and oregano, and serve with lemon wedges.