Have you been in search for a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is both paleo-ish and vegan? Then look no further.
Recipe by Chef Vanessa Musi
Follow her on social @chefvanessamusi
- Prepare a baking tray (Chef Vanessa uses a perforated baking tray with a Sasa Demarle Silpat)
- Preheat oven to 345 F.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups (220 grams) fine blanched almond flour, ¼ cup tapioca starch or tapioca flour, 1 tbsp coconut flour, ½ cup Stir Sweetener or coconut sugar, ¼ tsp fine sea salt cucharita (2 grams), 1/2 tsp baking soda (at high altitude use half).
- Add 2 tsp vanilla, 4 tbsp organic melted coconut oil, 3 tbsp almond milk and ½ cup 70 +% chocolate chopped into chunks (Chef Vanessa loved Eating Evolved, SRSLY chocolate 84 % or Milkboy Swiss 85% or Republica del Cacao) and mix with a whisk just to combined.
- Shape cookies with a scoop (Chef Vanessa uses a #24 scoop).
- Put cookies lightly onto the prepared baking tray. Flatten lightly. Bake until lightly golden and crisp on the outside about 10-12 mins depending on your oven.
- Bake longer for a crispier cookie.
- Let cool on a cookie rack or perforated tray without the Silpat.
- Decorate half the cookies with about 1/2 cup Soom Chocolate Tahini (mix well before) and 2 tbsp Cocoa nibs on top.