Soom Tahini with pasta is a great way to replace your dairy ingredients in blush sauces. Try this healthier version of sauce – milk and cream-free.
- Heat 4 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 3 chopped cloves of garlic and 1/2 medium yellow onion. Cook until onion turns translucent. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes and 2 tbsp vodka to pan. Turn heat down to simmer. Fill 1/3 can (about 1/2 cup) with water to remove the remaining tomatoes.
- Add 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 can unseasoned artichokes and 1/4 cup Soom Tahini and mix well. Let simmer for about an hour.
- In a separate pot, bring water to boil. Add 16oz penne or rigatoni pasta. Once pasta is cooked, mix well with sauce.