This quick and easy pear & tahini-silan tart recipe is sure to become your new favorites. Whether you’re looking for a dessert for after dinner at home or a dish to bring to a party, this is it! This recipe was adapted from Kellies Food to Glow.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll ½ pre-rolled puff pastry sheet on a piece of baking parchment until fairly thin; trim uneven edges. Frame into the pastry about 2 cm from the edge, do not cut all the way through. Lay on a large baking tray and prick the inner frame with a fork. Refrigerate.
- Thinly slice the 2 small dessert pears and toss in 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Warm 1/3 cup Soom Silan, 1/3 cup Soom Tahini and 1 tsp vanilla extract in a small pan and mix well. In another small pan, heat and mix 2 tsp butter and 2 tsp Soom Silan.
- Remove the pastry from the refrigerator and spread the tahini-silan mixture, leaving edges un-coated. Lay over the pears and brush with butter and silan mixture, to the pastry.
- Bake until the pastry is browned and the pears are tender. About 15 minutes. Let the pastry cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.