Salted Dark Chocolate Tahini Brownie Cookies combines two of the most beloved sweet treats (brownies and cookies) for an ultra-fudgy, decadent dessert. The beautifully bitter notes of Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Sweet Tahini help cut through the sweetness of the cookie, while adding nutty undertones to compliment the cocoa.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup Soom Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Tahini
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring often, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove from heat and stir in tahini.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed for 4 to 5 minutes, until the batter is pale in color and creamy. Reduce speed to low, and very gradually stream in the tahini mixture until well combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder; stir until just combined. (The batter should be similar in consistency to a thick brownie batter.)
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour, or up to 8 hours (overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a 1½ Tbsp. cookie scoop to drop batter onto baking sheet, spacing cookies at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cookies are set around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and letting cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
Note: In between batches, keep batter in the refrigerator so it doesn’t continue to soften at room temperature.)