Use the naturally sweet flavors of Soom Silan instead of traditional corn syrup in your pecan pie filling for a beautifully rich holiday dessert.
- 1 cup Soom Silan Date Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter that has been melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups pecans
- 9-inch unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust.
- Place bare cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix silan, eggs, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract with a spoon. Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling into a pie crust. Place on preheated cookie sheet.
- Bake on center rack of oven until center reaches 200F or springs back when tapped lightly, about 55 to 70 minutes.