Whip up this simple and delicious dairy-free apple tahini torte. Instead of apples, use a combination of any of your favorite fresh or frozen* fruits!
*When using frozen fruits, be sure to toss them in flour, first.
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup Soom Tahini
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 peeled and sliced apples*
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Cinnamon and sugar to taste
- Dusting of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray 9″ circular cake pan non-stick cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, cream canola oil, tahini, and sugar. Blend in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add to the wet batter.
- Place batter in a 9″ circular cake pan. Cover the batter with the apples.*
- Sprinkle top with lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar according to taste.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until sides begin to crisp.
- Let cool and finish with a dusting of powdered sugar.
*You can swap for 1/2 pint blueberries and 2 sliced peaches, or equivalent of favorite fruits.