Whip up this simple and delicious dairy-free apple tahini torte. Instead of apples, use a combination of any of your favorite fresh or frozen* fruits!
*When using frozen fruits, be sure to toss them in flour, first.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of exclusive promotions, sale announcements, and new and delicious recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray 9″ circular cake pan non-stick cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, cream ¼ cup + 1 tbsp canola oil, ¼ cup Soom Tahini, and 1 cup sugar.
- Blend in 2 large eggs.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp salt together. Add to the wet batter.
- Place batter in a 9″ circular cake pan.
- Cover the batter with 3-4 peeled and sliced apples. You can swap for 1/2 pint blueberries and 2 sliced peaches, or equivalent of favorite fruits.
- Sprinkle top with juice from 1/2 lemon, cinnamon and sugar according to taste.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until sides begin to crisp.
- Let cool and finish with a dusting of powdered sugar.