This pasta dish is perfect for both kids and adults to enjoy during the spring season, especially for those looking for a creamy, tahini-based sauce without the dairy. We absolutely love the local addition of seasonal vegetables including sugar snap peas, snow peas, and radishes in this dish. Make this pasta dish with the pasta of your choice. It’s also super delicious with gluten-free spaghetti!
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add 10 ounces whole wheat spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add 1 cup sugar snap peas and 1 cup shelled green peas (if frozen, thawed) until crispy, tender and bright green.
- Drain pasta and peas, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Return the pasta and peas to the pot, and keep the cooking liquid to the side.
- Make sauce. Blend 1/2 cup Soom Tahini, 1/2 cup water + additional to thin, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 garlic scape or garlic clove that has been minced, 2 scallions that have been minced (white and light green parts), 1/2 cup mint that has been minced, 1/4 cup parsley that has been minced, 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes + more to taste in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in the tahini sauce with the cooked pasta and toss, adding reserved cooking liquid if the pasta seems too dry. Add 4-5 thinly sliced radishes and toss once more. Salt and pepper to taste.