These chili beet & chickpea burgers meld sweetness with heat. They’re chockfull of nutritional ingredients like tahini and quinoa and will leave all guests satiated!
Recipe courtesy of our friends at Love Beets! Make sure to check out this Philadelphia-based beet brand that we can’t get enough of!
Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of exclusive promotions, sale announcements, and new and delicious recipes.
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet.
- Add 2 onions that have been finely chopped and 4 cloves of garlic that have been minced and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in ground 2 tbsp ground flaxseed, 2 tbsp water, 2 tbsp Soom Tahini, 2 tbsp mayo*, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 2 cups cooked quinoa.
- In a food processor, pulse 2 14oz cans of chickpeas that have been drained and rinsed and 2 packages Love Beets Sweet Chili Beets until finely chopped.
- Transfer to large bowl with veggie patty mixture until mixed well and tinted pink.
- Form 1/4 cup of the mixture into patties about 3/4-inch-thick, until all of mixture is shaped. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook burgers in oil, 4 minutes per side until crispy on both sides.
- Serve on mini toasted pretzel buns with desired fixings. Veggie patties keep well, uncooked or cooked, for up to 1 week in the fridge.
*Use vegan mayo to make this dish vegan.