Slather this nutritious, healthy burger in a decadent Harissa tahini yogurt – guilt free! This recipe was adapted The Sugar Hit.
For the Yogurt
- Stir together ¾ cup greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp Soom Tahini, 1 Tbsp harissa, juice of half a lemon, 1 small clove of minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
For the Burgers
- Grate 2 cups of sweet potato into a large bowl.
- Fold in 2/3 cup drained and rinsed canned chickpeas, 1 egg, 2/3 cup flour, 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp ground coriander, and 1 tsp dried oregano into the sweet potato. Squelch mixture with hands if needed.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan (or griddle) with a thin layer of olive oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add a pinch of salt to the burger mixture and stir just before cooking.
- Scoop out a quarter of the mixture and shape into a patty. Cook for about 2 minutes a side, or until deep golden and crisp.
- To assemble a burger, slather on plenty of the Harissa tahini yogurt on a bun, add a sweet potato patty and top with fixings of your choice.