Make this Tahini Butternut Squash Soup during the cold seasons. Its velvety texture and layered flavors make it a lunch or appetizer you’ll look forward to eating, and one that will keep you warm and satiated.
- 2 tbsp mild olive oil
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 diced medium sweet onion
- 1 large peeled, seeded, and diced butternut squash
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp Soom Tahini
- 2 tsp Soom Silan date syrup
- 4 cups vegetable stock.
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Sauteé garlic, onion, and diced butternut squash on a low-medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper, and paprika and mix.
- Add Soom Tahini and Soom Silan date syrup. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take soup off of heat and let cool. Blend with an immersion blender. Serve.