Add these insanely delicious Tahini Thumbprint Cookies with a Date Caramel Filling to your cookie tray this holiday season! Made with Soom Tahini & Soom Silan, we know it’ll be hard to resist seconds and thirds…
Recipe developed for Soom by The Crowded Kitchen.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream 2 cups vegan butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 3/4 tsp almond extract. Add in 1/4 cup Soom Tahini and 3 tbsp Soom Silan and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour 1/3 cup arrowroot powder, 1/4 tsp salt. Slowly incorporate into wet mixture.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour (cover bowl with a tea towel to prevent drying).
- While dough is in the fridge, prepare the silan caramel filling. Pit and soak 10 Medjool dates for 15 minutes. Drain well and add to blender with 1/2 cup Soom Silan. Blend until a very smooth paste forms – you may have to scrape down the sides a few times to fully incorporate. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion dough into balls. Use your hands to roll into a smooth ball and roll in sesame seeds until evenly coated. Press your thumb into the middle of the cookie, forming a deep indentation that goes almost all the way to the bottom of the dough. These cookies tend to spread a bit in the oven, so it’s important to create a deep, narrow indentation.
- Repeat until cookie sheet is full, then bake for 14-16 minutes or until slightly golden brown around the edges. Let cool at least 20 minutes.
- Fill with silan caramel filling and drizzle lightly with 8 oz melted dark chocolate.