A light and fluffy egg-free omelet is the perfect vehicle for your favorite veggies, dairy-free cheese, or salsa. Tahini and lemon juice make it perfectly tangy. Just toss everything in a blender and you’re ready to fry up a hearty breakfast.
- 1/2 package of silken tofu (about 6oz)
- 2 Tbsp Soom Tahini
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ – ½ tsp salt (use less if you choose salty filling options like cheese)
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of black salt (optional if you’d like to add a slightly eggy flavor)
- Filling: sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, spinach, non-dairy cheese
- Prepare your filling. Any vegetables taste fantastic in this omelet. Sauté add-ins like onions or mushrooms in advance and set aside. Fresh veggies, like spinach and peppers, can be added to your omelet raw.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, add all ingredients except your filling to a blender and process until smooth. Lightly oil the hot skillet, then pour half the omelet batter into the pan. With a spoon, use a circular motion to smooth out the batter so it’s evenly distributed. Place half the filling on one half of the omelet. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until the surface is mostly dry. (If you prefer, you can leave the middle slightly wet.) Flip the half of the omelet without the toppings over the side with the filling. Cover and cook for another minute to heat all the way through.
- Using a spatula, slide the omelet on a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter. Enjoy hot.