Sometimes all you want is an easy dinner recipe the whole family can enjoy! Enter our Vegan Tahini Rotini Alla Vodka: perfectly cooked pasta coated in a creamy, dreamy dairy-free tomato-y sauce with just the right amount of cling to each piece of rotini. Mmm, yes, please! If you’re looking for a dish where your kids will want seconds of, look no further.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp vodka
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can unseasoned artichokes
- ¼ cup Soom Tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16oz rotini (or pasta of choice)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent and then add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and vodka to the pan. Turn heat down to simmer. Fill 1/3 can (about 1/2 cup) with water to remove the remaining tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Add tomato paste, unseasoned artichokes, and Soom Tahini and mix well. Let simmer for about an hour.
- In a separate pot, bring water to boil. Add rotini (or pasta of choice) and cook according to the package’s instructions. Once pasta is cooked, mix well with sauce and serve.