These hearty bean burgers are fiber-filled, freezer-friendly, and sure to win the hearts of vegans and omnivores alike. The Tahini Special Sauce is endlessly versatile, and will elevate any veggie or meat-based burger in need of a creamy counterpart.
For the White Bean Burgers:
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 15.5 oz cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Soom Tahini
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 buns, lightly toasted
- Optional toppings: sliced avocado, pickled red onion, arugula
For the Tahini Special Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Soom Tahini
- 2 Tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 grated garlic clove
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp warm water
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add bell pepper and shallots; cook 4 to 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in garlic, paprika, cumin, and oregano; cook 1 more minute, until aromatic. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and let cool 10 minutes.
- Combine ground flaxseed with 2 ½ Tbsp warm water in a small bowl; mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add beans to the bowl with the bell pepper mixture. Use a potato masher or fork to mash beans until about two-thirds are fully mashed, and the remaining are mostly whole or in chunks. Add breadcrumbs, tahini, mustard, salt, pepper, and flaxseed mixture; mix well to combine. Chill for a minimum of 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- While burgers chill, prepare the Tahini Special Sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and whisking until smooth.
- Remove the burger mixture from fridge and form into 6 uniform patties. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add half the burgers. Cook 4 minutes per side, until browned and slightly crisp. Repeat with remaining 3 burger patties.
- Spread the Tahini Special Sauce on each half of toasted buns, and add one burger patty to each. Add toppings of choice, and enjoy!