Soom Foods seeks a Social Media and Marketing Intern!
Soom Foods is a sister-owned purveyor of globally-inspired pantry staples for celebrated chefs and home cooks who value quality ingredients (www.soomfoods.com). Our mission is to deliver delicious, nutritious and versatile foods that our customers love and want to share with others. Our Company currently sells three products: tahini, chocolate tahini and silan (date syrup) to customers throughout the United States and Canada.
As the Soom Foods Social Media and Marketing Intern you will work closely with Soom Foods Digital Sales and Marketing Director, Julie Ozlek, and will be responsible for:
- Social Media
- Creating and scheduling content and campaigns for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and LinkedIn that is aligned with our overall social media strategy
- Engaging with followers and responding to questions and comments in a timely manner
- Developing new influencer relationships, reviewing influencer sponsorship opportunities and sending out product/packages to influencers
- Reviewing and analyzing social media analytics and updating monthly metrics
- Events and Sponsorships
- Researching event participation and event sponsorships
- Prepping necessary items for Soom Foods events
- Public Relations
- Researching monthly blog and press mentions
- Updating the website and internal marketing documents with new press mentions
- Developing content ideas
- Writing blog posts on a bi-weekly or monthly basis
- Updating Website
- Updating product pages when necessary
- Uploading recipes, blog posts, and press mentions
- Food Service Marketing
- Participating in marketing and sales meetings
- Tracking Food Service content and updating internal documents
- Assisting in creation of Food Service marketing collateral
- Placing printed collateral orders with printer
- Any other marketing-related projects that come up!
You will be a good fit for the Soom Crew if you:
- Love food, foodies, the Food Network and anything related to food
- Thrive working with small teams as a collaborative, team-player
- Enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting work done
- Have a passion for retail and consumer packaged goods
- Are not afraid to tackle problems head-on
- Communicate effectively, manage time efficiently, and delegate appropriately
This is a paid, part-time, contracted, 20 hours/week position. Our office is based in North Philadelphia, and you must be able to get to our office a few days/week. You can also work remotely, as coordinated with Julie. Soom Foods will reimburse any out-of-pocket expenses incurred for business, but you must provide your own laptop and cell phone.
If you are interested in the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, March 29, 2019. Make sure to include examples of prior work experience that speak to the above functions and competencies, and two credible references.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing back from you.