Soom Foods is the trusted brand of tahini and tahini products for celebrated chefs and home cooks (www.soomfoods.com). Our mission is to deliver delicious, nutritious and versatile food products that our customers love and want to share with others. Our Company currently sells three products: tahini, chocolate sweet tahini and silan (date syrup) to customers throughout the United States and Canada.
An exciting addition to our small but growing Soom Crew, the Brand Manager will be responsible for how Soom Foods is presented to all stakeholders in our supply chain. They will improve all internal and external communication, accurately and creatively portray Soom Food’s attributes to current and potential customers (D2C, B2C, B2B), think creatively about existing and potential strategic partnerships with other brands, and manage opportunities for product and company promotion.
- Work with all levels and departments (marketing, sales, operations, agencies, and finance) to create and execute the brand plan
- Develop strategies and manage team and agencies to ensure messaging and creative development are consistent with brand strategy
- Analyze and interpret market trends and consumer research to track brand performance and inform better sales and marketing team decisions
- Work with marketing and sales team to build brand loyalty, drive trial, and repeat purchase for current and new products
- Leverage consumer and industry insights to develop more powerful D2C, B2C, and B2B communication and outreach
- Track and manage budget
- Develop new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements
- Conceptualize and execute out-of-the box marketing activations
- Create and maintain press kits and media-ready photo kits – this includes a database of pull-quotes and other boiler messaging on hot topics
- Track news media, trends, and industry/community influencers
- Maintain a standardized practice of communication and gifts in our network of retail, hospitality and entrepreneurial organizations
- Oversee execution of Soom special events and projects including but not limited to publicity, promotions, tours, and external business partnerships
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Loves cooking or eating at restaurants, food, foodies, watching the Food Network
- Thrives working with small teams as a collaborative, team-player
- Enjoys rolling up their sleeves and getting work done
- Has a passion for retail and consumer packaged goods
- Is not afraid to tackle problems head-on
- Has stellar communication (written and verbal) skills, can manage time efficiently, and delegate appropriately
- Is a big picture thinker and also pays attention to the details
- Is a storyteller
- Prefers interactions over transactions
- Must live in the Greater Philadelphia region and be willing to commute to our office in North Philadelphia
- A minimum of 3 years in a brand management/marketing role; experience in consumer packaged goods and the food and beverage industries preferred
- A demonstrated ability to manage a budget
- You will work closely with all members of the Soom crew, primarily with digital marketing manager, sales manager, publicist, and our designer, and will ultimately report to our CEO
This is a full-time position, based in Philadelphia, PA with an attractive salary. Benefits include medical coverage, vacation and sick days, and positive corporate culture. You will likely start mid-April 2020.
If you are interested in the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 15, 2020. Make sure to include examples of prior work experience that speak to the above functions and competencies, if available.