Soom Foods is a sister-owned purveyor of globally-inspired pantry staples for celebrated chefs and home cooks who value quality ingredients. Our mission is to deliver delicious, nutritious and versatile foods that our customers love and want to share with others. Our Company currently sells three products: tahini, chocolate tahini and silan (date syrup) to customers throughout the United States and Canada. The majority of our Company’s sales come from the food service sector, but retail sales have been steadily growing over the past 5+ years, and that’s where you come in!
As the Soom Foods Retail Account Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing our current retail portfolio. You will work closely with our distributors and direct accounts to make sure they have the Soom products that they need, and that the products are selling! This means:
- Communicating with our Distributor and relevant reps to discuss movement and product performance and to implement promotion and incentive plans
- Checking-in (either in-person or virtual) with stores to check on inventory levels and maintain a productive relationship with store staff
- Analyzing point-of-sale and product movement data, as available
- Coordinating in-store demos with Soom Foods Brand Ambassador(s), with an option to conduct in-store demos for a supplemental hourly rate
You will also be responsible for handling inbound retail requests and generating a curated list of retail leads. This means:
- Answering questions, providing paperwork and on-boarding any new retail account
- Reaching out to potential retail accounts that fit Soom Foods retail requirements
- Updating soomfoods.com website with all new retail locations
You will be a good fit for the Soom Crew if you:
- Love food, foodies, the Food Network and anything related to food
- Thrive working with small teams as a collaborative, team-player
- Enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting work done
- Have a passion for retail and consumer packaged goods
- Are not afraid to tackle problems head-on
- Communicate effectively, manage time efficiently, and delegate appropriately
This is a part-time, approximately 20 hours/week position. Our company is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and you will be covering (primarily) the Mid Atlantic region so you must be able to drive, and have a license in good-standing. Soom Foods will withhold all taxes on your behalf, and any out-of-pocket expenses incurred for business will be reimbursed by Soom Foods, including mileage. You will provide your own laptop and cell phone.
If you are interested in the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, March 29, 2019. Make sure to include examples of prior work experience that speak to the above functions and competencies, and two credible references.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing back from you.