Soom Foods is hiring a Western US Sales Executive!
Soom Foods (www.soomfoods.com) is a Philadelphia-based, women-owned company that sells tahini (a paste made from 100% roasted and pressed sesame seeds) and a sweet chocolate tahini to restaurants and retailers across the country.
Co-founded and operated by three sisters who love to eat and value health and quality, Soom Foods is committed to providing our partners and customers with top-notch products and comprehensive customer service. As a result, Soom Foods is now one of the leading brands of tahini in the United States, preferred by both at-home and professional chefs. And in 2018 we are excited to introduce a new delicious, nutritious and versatile product to our family of ingredients – Silan (date syrup).
Over the past 4 ½ years our Company has achieved national distribution, and is seeking a Western US Sales Executive to help support and add to this Food Service Industry growth in the Western Region of the Country.
Do you love to sell? Do you get a thrill from a close and are you not put-off by “no”? If you are independent, goal-oriented and comfortable travelling solo, then this position is the perfect fit for you.
You must be a self-starting and out-of-the-box-thinking problem solver who is willing to roll-up your sleeves and ask questions when necessary. You must be a confident communicator, and enjoy negotiating with experienced decision makers. You will be intimately involved in the strategy, planning & budgeting for the Company’s sales goals, as well as implementation.
- Customer Prospecting and Closing: working with sales team to develop and close a pipeline of customer targets
- Sales Scheduling: developing and coordinating your own sales travel schedule
- Customer Relationship Management: upholding our standards of customer service by managing current and prospective customers, communicating consistently and maintaining Soom Foods’ CRM system
- Planning and Goal Setting: working with management to develop yearly sales goals and the strategy to achieve those goals
- Events Prospecting, Coordination and Representation: identifying upcoming events for Soom Foods’ participation, coordinating prior and day-of logistics for events and often representing the Company at the events
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- 2–3 years’ proven sales experience. Knowledge of and relationships in food service distribution industry is a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and CRM systems. Social Media savviness is a plus.
- Current driver’s license and good record
- Must be able to travel 25-30% of the time
You should also…
- Be passionate about healthy, quality foods
- Enjoy working with customers and clients
- Love planning, scheduling and keeping order
- Not be afraid to “manage up”
- Be an independent worker and self-starter
- Be fun and laid back, yet a dedicated worker
This is a full-time position, with an attractive salary and an accompanying sales-based commission structure. Benefits include medical coverage and vacation/sick days.
The Company is based in Philadelphia, but the Sales Executive will be based in and will work remotely from another city West of the Mississippi River. Soom Foods will cover your office costs and quarterly travel to Philadelphia for all-team meetings.
You must be able to start April 2018.
If you are interested in the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by February 9th. Make sure to include examples of prior work experience that speak to the above functions and competencies, and two credible references.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing back from you.
The Soom Sisters