This Autumn Harvest Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing is a delicious, fall-inspired appetizer or meal. Add this vegan and paleo dish to your monthly rotation during the fall and winter seasons.
Recipe and photography by Rachel Steiner.
- 1 squash of your choice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 tbsp Soom Silan Date Syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 2 tbsp Soom Tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon (+ lemon zest)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- A hefty drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cut your preferred squash into 1/3 inch wedges depending on shape. You can also cut into cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. For wedges roast 20-25 minutes, cubes 15-20 minutes.
- Removed stems and chop the kale. Then massage with salt until the leaves become wilted. Set aside.
- Toast pepitas in a pan over medium heat. Once toasted, quickly add in Soom Silan Date Syrup and a splash of water. Cook over low heat until liquid has evaporated and you are left with candied nuts. Watch carefully! Quickly toss with a pinch of salt and a pinch of chili flakes.
- Create the Maple Tahini Dressing. Mix Soom Tahini, lemon juice and zest, parsley, maple syrup, whole grain mustard, and a hefty drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Use water to thin until desired consistency has been reached.
- Rinse kale and squeeze out any excess moisture. Assemble salad and top with maple tahini dressing when ready to serve.