This multi-layered marvel is the love child of dark chocolate brownies and ultra-moist pound cake. Are you drooling yet? The ribbon of Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Tahini cake in the center makes for a fudgy, sweet surprise you can’t say no to. For extra decadence, pour additional Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Tahini overtop right before serving because why not?!
- Non-stick baking spray
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup Soom Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Sweet Tahini, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F and adjust your oven rack to the center position. Generously coat a 10-12 cup bundt pan with a flour-based baking spray.
- Combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla; beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- On a low speed, beat the eggs in 1 at a time allowing each to fully mix in before adding the next. Be careful not to overmix after the eggs have been added. Once the 3rd egg is combined, stop the mixer and add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat on low speed just until combined.
- Transfer 1½ cups of cake batter to a medium bowl. Melt chocolate chips over a double broiler (or in the microwave in 30 second increments) until smooth. Remove from heat and mix in Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Tahini. Pour tahini mixture into bowl of removed cake batter and mix to combine.
- Pour half of the vanilla cake batter into the prepared bundt pan, followed by the chocolate cake batter. Top with the remaining half of vanilla cake batter, and use a butter knife to gently swirl the cake batter layers together.
- Bake for 55 to 70 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Remove cake from the oven and let cool for 2 hours inside the pan. Then invert the cake onto a wire rack or serving dish. Let cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle extra Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Sweet Tahini over the cake right before serving.