Our Double Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cookies are crispy on the outside, slightly chewy in the middle, and filled with puddles of chocolatey goodness. Made from Soom Chocolate Sweet Tahini and semi-sweet chocolate chunks, these cookies celebrate the union of chocolatey, slightly nutty, and sweet flavors. Add them to your holiday cookie tray or serve them at your next family affair for a cookie everyone will enjoy snacking on.
For textural and sweetness interplay, substitute 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chunks for milk chocolate chocolate chips!
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 cup and 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Soom Chocolate Sweet Tahini,
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325F and coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and Soom Chocolate Sweet Tahini, and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in vanilla and the eggs one at a time, stirring until mixture is creamy.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and sea salt until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine just until there is no more visible flour in the dough or on the bottom of the bowl. Fold in semi-sweet chocolate chunks into the batter.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Flatten dough slightly. Bake cookies for 13-16 minutes. While cookies cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sea salt before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.