Halva crumbles and silky smooth Soom Tahini teamed up to add depth to traditional brownies.
For the brownies
- ¾ cup flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup Special Dark Cocoa, sifted
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
For the halva cream cheese topping
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Soom Tahini
- Pre-made halva, preferably Hebel & Co.
For the brownie layer
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream sugar and butter together until smooth. Then add in eggs, one at a time, vanilla, and beat well.
- Fold wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread 3/4 of the brownie batter into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Set the remaining batter aside.
For the halva-cream cheese layer
- Next, make the halva cream cheese layer. Cream together butter, sugar, and flour. Add cream cheese and mix until smooth. Scrape the bowl and add the egg. Beat until light and creamy. Scrape down the bowl again and add tahini.
- Beat one minute or until the tahini is mixed into the cream cheese mixture completely.
- Dollop the tahini-cream cheese topping over the brownie batter. Dollop the remaining brownie batter on top.
- Sprinkle halva pieces on top. Swirl the topping together into the batter using a butter knife.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool and cut brownies into squares.