Have you been looking for an incredibly tasty vegan mac and cheese? Look no further! Thanks to MaryJo, she adapted and perfected a delicious recipe by the Gluten Free + More Magazine.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of exclusive promotions, sale announcements, and new and delicious recipes.
- Boil water in large pot. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add 2 peeled and diced large white potatoes, 2 peeled and diced carrots, 1/2 cup diced sweet onion and 1 cup water to skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat, until tender. Drain excess water, if any.
- Transfer vegetables to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup Soom Tahini, 1/3 cup canola oil, 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp yellow mustard powder, 1/4 tsp cracked pepper, and 3/4 cup water to blender. Pulse until fully integrated.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to preference. Thin with hot water, if desired.
- Cook 16oz elbow pasta in pot of boiling water until al dente and drain.
- Add sauce, stirring to evenly coat noodles. Serve warm.
- Add toppings, if desired.