Have you been looking for an incredibly tasty vegan mac and cheese? Look no further! Thanks to MaryJo, she adapted and perfected a delicious recipe by the Gluten Free + More Magazine.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 peeled and diced large white potatoes
- 2 peeled and diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Soom Tahini
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 16oz elbow pasta
- Boil water in large pot. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onion and 1 cup water to skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat, until tender. Drain excess water, if any.
- Transfer vegetables to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add Soom Tahini, canola oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, sea salt, minced garlic, cayenne pepper, yellow mustard powder, cracked pepper, and 3/4 cup water to blender. Pulse until fully integrated.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to preference. Thin with hot water, if desired.
- Cook pasta in pot of boiling water until al dente and drain.
- Add sauce, stirring to evenly coat noodles. Serve warm.
- Add toppings, if desired.